December 27, 2012
Emerging Media Intern—Online Communications, Humane Society International
Are you a Facebook addict? Find yourself entangled in the blogosphere? Love animals too? Join us as an emerging media intern (click to view expanded position description).
Online Communications drives the strategy and production of the online promotional and branding channels of Humane Society International (HSI), including email, web, social media, and mobile — with the primary goal of maximizing advocacy and donations.
The intern will learn about social media technologies and techniques by assisting with online communication, awareness, and outreach efforts for HSI’s fundraising and advocacy campaigns.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Help manage social networking profiles
- Expand our network of friends and supporters online by actively participating on social networks
- Research potential social networking and advertising opportunities and partnerships
- Monitor buzz on animal welfare topics and HSI mentions online
- Explore and evaluate new technologies
Strong intern applicants meet the following requirements:
- Experience using social networking sites and technologies
- Able to work well independently and use good judgment including when communicating online
- Fluency in Spanish strongly preferred
- Basic HTML/CSS knowledge preferred
The internship time commitment is 10 hours/week for 12 weeks. A commuting stipend corresponding to number of days worked (maximum $50/week) is available.
Intern must pass a criminal background check and sign a waiver and release of liability. The position is located in our Gaithersburg, Md., office.
Fill out an application now »
Note: You'll submit your cover letter and resumé as part of the application. In your cover letter, please describe/show us how you would run a campaign on Twitter or on Facebook, including sample tweets and posts.