April 6, 2016
Photo and Video Intern–Communications
Cape Wildlife Center, a program of The HSUS in partnership with the Fund for Animals, is a non-profit wildlife rescue and rehabilitation facility that specializes in native species. Photos and video are needed on a regular basis to document the stories of the animals to assist with fundraising, to capture evidence for cruelty cases, to monitor medical progress for the veterinarian to review, and to assist with public outreach in general.
We have an opportunity for an intern (click to view expanded position description) to learn various elements of animal/wildlife videography and photography, photo editing skills, and File Transfer Protocol (FTP) software while being exposed to the operations of a wildlife center. Additional learning opportunities include basic animal safety and husbandry, various animal species and habitats, and wildlife issues.
Some specific internship responsibilities include:
- Capture video/photos of various care center work
- Upload video/photos to server via FTP for use by staff
- Field produce: create story ideas for various videos/slideshows
- Record interviews with media trained care center staff
- Take video and still photos of animal releases when appropriate
- As needed, use own method of transportation to capture footage of animal releases
Please apply to join us if you meet the following requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have own computer with photo/video editing software
- Able to meet the requirements outlined in the Essential Capabilities document with or without reasonable accommodation
- Strong communication skills
- Computer proficiency
- Desire to learn about videography and photography
- Able to work well independently and use good judgment
- Basic photo/video experience is preferred
Interns commit to 20-40 hours/week for approximately 8-12 weeks. International interns are solely responsible for obtaining any required visas. This internship is unpaid and on-site housing is not available.
Interns must pass a criminal background check and sign a waiver and release of liability.
Fill out an application now »
Note: You'll be asked to submit a cover letter and résumé with the application.