May 30, 2013
Membership Interns—Humane Society Veterinary Medical Association (HSVMA)
HSVMA's Member Benefits and Service department has an opportunity for interns to learn about non-profit and association management by assisting with all aspects of the department’s activities. The department provides the planning and oversight of the membership function of HSVMA. It is responsible for all member services, including benefit package development and implementation, renewals, database, marketing, awards, and event organization.
Interns will be able to strengthen their understanding of animal protection issues and learn more about The HSUS’ major campaigns, programs and mission.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Assist in maintaining the membership database
- Communicate with association members
- Research opportunities for corporate partnerships
- Draft correspondence for outreach to potential partners
- Help inventory and update HSVMA marketing materials
Please apply to join us as an intern if you meet the following requirements:
- Interest in learning about non-profit and association management and the promotion of humane values
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organization skills
- Prior office experience
The minimum time commitment is 15 hours per week for approximately 12 weeks. This internship is unpaid; however, course credit can be arranged. Intern must pass a criminal background check and sign a waiver and release of liability. The position is located in our Gaithersburg, Md., office.
To apply, fill out an application. Note: you will be asked to submit a cover letter and resumé with this application.