February 28, 2017
Administrative Assistant, Programs and Innovations
The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation’s largest animal protection organization is seeking an Administrative Assistant, for its Programs and Innovations department. The main responsibility of this position is to support the Senior Vice President of Programs and Innovations.
This position will be responsible for:
- Managing and coordinating travel arrangements, maintaining the calendar and coordinating deadlines and reminders as necessary;
- Compiling and editing reports, memos, letters, and other documents using word processing, spreadsheet, database, and/or presentation software;
- Assisting with meeting administration and Wildlife department administrative needs;
- Helping with administrative tasks related to budget, accounting forms, documents, requisitions and other support services;
- Developing and assisting with routine emails, telephone and mail requests for assistance related to wildlife.
- College degree or equivalent work experience required;
- Minimum of one or more years of administrative experience;
- Professional/effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and internet use;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment;
- Strong work ethic that demonstrates initiative, a focus on quality, and good judgement;
- The ability to handle and maintain confidential and sensitive information.
Please submit a cover letter and resumé using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is located in Gaithersburg, MD.
The Humane Society of the United States is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital or parental status, or protected veteran status.
Back to Employment Opportunities»