December 12, 2016
The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation's largest animal advocacy organization, is seeking an Administrative Coordinator for the DC Office Administration department. This position is responsible for providing administrative support to staff in the HSUS headquarters office located in Washington DC.
This position will be responsible for:
- Managing the reception area which includes greeting visitors, providing badges, notifying staff of guests, and ensuring adherence of front desk policies and security procedures;
- Maintaining relationships with all vendors for the DC building and notifying staff to any building-related alerts;
- Providing administrative support to staff to include troubleshooting equipment, providing support for phone system, postage, conference room set up, and coordinating catering and ordering of food;
- Ordering and maintaining supplies for kitchens and offices;
- Paying all invoices for the DC building which includes charging the correct departments;
- Coordinating space requests to include setting up staff in cubes/offices, printing nameplates, managing visiting staff, and coordinating relocations and moves;
- Processing incoming/outgoing mail and managing the UPS account;
- Anticipating the needs of the office by meeting with department managers to assessing their needs; actively finding ways to improve office functions, and providing administrative support as necessary for office events;
- High school diploma or equivalent required;
- Minimum one to two years of office administrative experience required;
- Postage meter experience preferred;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook);
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong customer service skills;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Ability to manage multiple and often changing priorities and issues of varying complexity, while meeting time sensitive deadlines and deliverables.
Please submit a cover letter and resumé using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is located in Washington, DC.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, and disability, marital or parental status or protected veteran status.
Back to Employment Opportunities»