February 21, 2017
The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation's largest animal advocacy organization, is seeking a Community Coordinator for the Digital Marketing department. The primary purpose of this position is to coordinate with the Community Managers on brand promotion, brand defense, and providing customer service, to HSUS’ social media communities.
This position will be responsible for:
- Coordinating with internal staff to respond to questions about our organization on social media;
- Assisting in day-to-day maintenance of the organization’s social media communities;
- Developing reports to analyze performance of social media activities;
- Staying abreast of latest trends in social media, emerging technologies, and nonprofit communications;
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required;
- Minimum of year of social media experience and familiarity with social media sites required; training experience desirable;
- Strong knowledge of Internet to include the use of social media sites and internet for advocacy or social change is desired but not required;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Please submit a cover letter and resumé using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is located in Gaithersburg, MD.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability, marital or parental status, or protected veteran status.
Back to Employment Opportunities»