October 10, 2016
Constituent Relationship Manager (CRM) Data Architect
The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation's largest animal advocacy organization, is seeking a Constituent Relationship Manager (CRM) Data Architect for the Advancement Systems department. The primary purpose of this position is to provide analysis of data sources and design, execute a plan to capture, integrate, protect, and maintain the quality of the organizational CRM data.
This position will be responsible for:
- Consulting with business representatives to ensure understanding of the business requirements and future strategic business direction;
- Maintaining data quality, integrity, and reliability throughout the organization by defining and maintaining best practices; will be responsible for defining naming standards, searching, governing, modeling, cleansing, moving, storing, and delivering all CRM data within the enterprise;
- Maintaining a master data dictionary to establish a common understanding and standard vocabulary for the data within and across systems;
- Establishing and maintaining a Master Data Management (MDM) concept within the organizational environment and ensuring users are familiar with and adhering to the concept and it’s requirements;
- Defining the analytics architecture and helping to identify the underlying data to develop KPIs and dashboards;
- Specifying requirements and ensuring a successful implementation of all data interfaces across systems; will also be responsible for defining the requirements for data matching and merging rules, survivorship criteria, and establishing data stewardship workflows;
- Providing subject-matter expertise on the data architecture and data integration implementation and lead requirements gathering sessions with department team members;
- Incorporating industry best practices in the organizational data structure approach and processes; will also be responsible for coordinating with the Senior Director on the implementation of enterprise data management tools;
- Coordinating with other teams and with the Information Technology team, to plan for future data needs and design solutions and future integration recommendations for CRM applications and projects.
- BA/BS degree in related field or equivalent experience required;
- Minimum of three year’s direct experience in data governance, data management/integration, data design with a leading MDM tool suite required;
- Minimum of eight years’ experience in data/database and ETL development, support and operations using MS SQL Server with emphasis on data quality and transformations, transport, and security along with the size and scope required for a large non-profit organization;
- Certification or coursework in Information Design or Data Science from an accredited college or university is highly desired;
- Qualified candidates must also have a solid understanding of the principles of data governance, administration, integration, and modeling and with taking business processes from concept to solution with efficiency and proven results;
- Must have ability to manage projects with accuracy and attention to detail;
- Strong communication and teambuilding skills required;
- Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software is also highly desirable.
Please submit a cover letter and resumé using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is located in Gaithersburg, MD.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability or protected veteran status.
Back to Employment Opportunities»