October 31, 2016
Database Specialist, Planned Gifts and Estates
The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation's largest animal advocacy organization, is seeking a Database Specialist, Planned Gifts and Estates for the Philanthropy department. The primary purpose of this position is to support the planned gifts and estates department with overall data management.
This position will be responsible for:
- Managing the bequest and gift annuity system and routing the requests to the appropriate territory director; candidate will be responsible for running and providing monthly reports related to new prospect pool to the Senior Director in compliance with the company planned giving initiative;
- Managing the database system on a day to day basis and providing quality control of the data records such as updating gift statuses, merging records, etc.
- Managing the social media bequest and gift annuity prospect request system and distributing the requests to the appropriate territory manager;
- Supporting the department directors with data and ad-hoc report requests, and cultivation event administrative needs;
- Managing the department’s online access system, providing quality control of the estate records and providing estate reports as needed for senior management;
- Collaborating with the Senior Director on performance reports regarding the planned giving prospect pipeline and running other reports as needed in support of planned giving initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience;
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a fundraising database environment, preferably with non-profit organization;
- Proficiency with MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint;
- Must have knowledge and familiarity with Team Approach database system;
- Must have strong organizational skills, deadline-driven, detail-oriented with ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing and ability to work independently and as an effective team member.
Please submit a cover letter and resumé using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is located in Gaithersburg, MD.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital or parental status, or protected veteran status. Application deadline is 5pm EST on November 7, 2016. EOE
Back to Employment Opportunities»