March 20, 2017
Digital Acquisition Marketing Specialist
The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation's largest animal advocacy organization, is seeking a Digital Acquisition Marketing Specialist for the Acquisition Marketing department. The primary purpose of this position is to assist with program advertising in support of the organization’s advocacy and fundraising goals.
This position will be responsible for:
- Coordinating all program online advertising campaigns from the strategic planning stages to creative development, and finally to execution and performance monitoring, while using a portfolio of paid channels, paid social media, and display marketing;
- Reporting and taking on the analytics lead for the online advertising channel; will also be responsible for updating and maintaining digital advertising data reports and evaluating the advertising effectiveness and performance and producing analyses and recommendations on the campaigns;
- Managing importing, tagging, and optimization of email welcome series for new HSUS supporters from third party platforms;
- Coordinating with other marketing team members the sponsored email promotions and managing the copywriting for digital advertising and onboarding programs;
- Providing assistance to the social media team to monitor and respond to ad comments;
- Acting as a liaison with vendors and other internal stakeholders to ensure campaigns are executed and revenue goals are met;
- Providing recommendations on program spending to maximize return on investment; will record and process invoices to ensure vendors are paid timely and accurately;
- Conducting research on constituents and other target markets to maximize marketing efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field, or equivalent work experience;
- Minimum 2 years marketing experience required, with an emphasis in online marketing preferred;
- Experience with managing campaigns in Google AdWords and Facebook Business Manager strongly preferred;
- Exceptional verbal and writing skills and strong attention to detail required;
- Proficiency with MS Office, strong organizational skills, and ability to multi-task;
- Must be able to work independently and within a team environment;
- Google Analytics and Google Grants knowledge is highly desired along with strategy and project management skills.
Please submit a cover letter and resumé using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is located in Gaithersburg, MD.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital or parental status, or protected veteran status.
Back to Employment Opportunities»