February 17, 2017
Email Marketing Strategist
The Humane Society of The United States (HSUS), the nation’s largest animal advocacy organization is seeking an Email Marketing Strategist for the Digital Marketing department. The main responsibility of this position is to produce email marketing campaigns to meet the organizational fundraising and advocacy goals.
This position will be responsible for:
- Developing, implementing, and disseminating digital content related to email marketing efforts, including content review; quality control, and sending out the communication to appropriate audiences;
- Managing projects between campaigns, departments, and other stakeholders based on priority, audience and timing of digital campaigns and working directly with the creative and technology teams to get the necessary assets for the campaigns;
- Maintaining, reviewing, and updating the live digital campaign content;
- Analyzing email campaign performance and providing reports and follow up recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in digital content development, production or marketing required; experience in advocacy work or with a nonprofit organization is highly desired;
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills required;
- Experience using HTML, CSS, basic web design, email, website and constituent management systems (such as Luminate Online, Blackbaud, Salesforce or similar) desired;
- Basic understanding of the legislative process desired but is not required along with interest in animal advocacy issues desired.
Please submit a cover letter and resumé using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is located in Gaithersburg, MD.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, and disability, marital or parental status or protected veteran status.
Back to Employment Opportunities»