June 13, 2016
Events Philanthropy Director
The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation's largest animal advocacy organization, is seeking an Events Philanthropy Director for the Fundraising department. The primary purpose of this position is to generate revenue, promote cultivation and donor engagement from fundraising, through galas and other special events.
This position will be responsible for:
- Fundraising from all events including ticket and table sales in collaboration with department team members to reach annual budgeted goals;
- Managing fundraising committees for each event and coordinating with others connected to the committee members;
- Coordinating sponsorship fundraising with the business development and corporate relations departments;
- Coordinating with the special events team to establish event atmosphere in support of and enhancement of fundraising;
- Engaging program and campaign staff, executive leaders, volunteers and others in fundraising activities;
- Maintaining donor data in the HSUS database and ensuring complete and accurate information is maintained in the system.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience;
- Minimum of seven years of development experience with proven success in managing event-related fundraising required;
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills along with ability to handle multiple and often changing priorities while meeting time sensitive deadlines and deliverables;
- Strong business acumen and negotiation skills, along with demonstrated attention to detail and a focus on quality outcomes.
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing, to include public speaking skills as well as skilled at building relationships with potential prospects and donors in ways that excite and motivate;
- Strong technical proficiency with MS Office and with fundraising databases;
- Willingness and ability to travel and work extended hours as needed.
Please submit a cover letter and resumé using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This positioncan be based in Gaithersburg, MD or from a home office in New York or Los Angeles.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital or parental status, or protected veteran status.
Back to Employment Opportunities»