October 10, 2016
Gift Processing Clerk (2 openings)
The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation's largest animal advocacy organization, is seeking Gift Processing Clerks for the Advancement Operations Department. These positions are responsible for accurate and timely processing of incoming funds and/or donations.
This position will be responsible for:
- Processing incoming donations into the membership database in a timely and accurate manner plus troubleshooting errors that may occur in the data processing;
- Compiling data from third party processors and manipulating the data for upload into the HSUS database, and process credit card donation transactions;
- Assisting in making cash deposits to bank accounts as well as retrieving mail from the post office;
- Notifying management (or appropriate contacts), of large donations when received;
- Maintaining an understanding and knowledge of fundraising programs, business rules for receipt/donation processing, as well as non-profit revenue recognition rules, so that data can be accurately recorded in the HSUS database;
- Assisting in maintaining the chain of custody log for payments received by the department, as well as providing research and documentation on receipts/data processed into the database, bank accounts or merchant accounts.
- High school diploma or equivalent required;
- Minimum six months of data entry experience required;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong data entry skills and experience in data systems;
- Strong attention to detail is required;
- Good organizational skills;
- Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously and possess a strong attention to detail;
- Ability to work overtime as work load demands.
Please submit a cover letter and resumé using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is located in Gaithersburg, MD.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Back to Employment Opportunities»