January 5, 2017
Legal Assistant/Office Manager
The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation's largest animal advocacy organization, is seeking a Legal Assistant/Office Manager for the Office of General Counsel and the Animal Protection Litigation departments. The primary purpose of this position is to provide administrative support requiring a high degree of judgment, confidentiality, diplomacy, tact and professionalism in support of the legal teams.
This position will be responsible for:
- Providing legal assistance for both the Animal Protection Litigation team and for the Office of General Counsel team;
- Assembling documents for presentation/submittal to government agencies or other attorney offices;
- Managing and arranging conference calls, preparing meeting minutes, creating presentations, proofreading, cite checking and assisting the Corporate Secretary as needed;
- Maintaining legal publications and subscriptions and accurately filing updates;
- Managing and coordinating departmental accounting and billing, procuring office supplies, general office duties such as telephone coverage, appointment scheduling and assisting staff as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; some college is preferred;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience supporting a litigation team within a law firm or as part of an in-house legal department is required;
- Must have knowledge and understanding of board governance issues and for board-CEO-other offer protocols;
- Outstanding communication skills both orally and in writing along with ability to communicate effectively with executives;
- Must have ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality;
- Strong organizational skills, strong MS Office skills, and strong record management and production skills required;
- Must be able to move and lift up to 50 pounds.
Please submit a cover letter and resumé using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is located in Washington, DC.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital or parental status, or protected veteran status.
Back to Employment Opportunities»