September 26, 2016
Manager, Gift Processing
The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation's largest animal advocacy organization, is seeking a Manager, Accounts Receivable (Gift Processing), for the Advancement Operations Department. The primary responsibility of this position is to provide direct supervision to the gift processing staff and have oversight of donor financial transactions.
This position will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that all incoming gift processing activities are performed in accordance with organizational standards, to include staff management and budgetary guidelines and ensuring that the responsibilities of direct reports are defined and understood;
- Maintaining an understanding of all HSUS fundraising programs and nonprofit accounting requirements and approving and verifying batches recorded by the gift processing team;
- Communicating any changes or issues with processing to staff;
- Managing lockbox vendor instructions and coordinating with internal staff on any new fundraising program implementation;
- Overseeing and maintaining the processes within the donor databases and providing monthly reports as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or an undergraduate degree in another field with courses concentrated in Accounting, or equivalent work experience;
- Minimum five years’ experience in accounting required with a focus on database process management is highly desirable;
- Prior team supervisory experience required;
- Proficiency in QuickBooks, Excel, and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems required;
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills along with solid organizational skills;
- Must have ability to multi-task and maintain attention to detail;
- Must have ability to work overtime based on workload and/or deadlines.
Please submit a cover letter and resumé using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is located in Gaithersburg, MD.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital or parental status, or protected veteran status.
Back to Employment Opportunities»