February 21, 2017
Manager, Web Marketing
The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation's largest animal advocacy organization, is seeking a Manager, Web Marketing for the Digital department. The primary purpose of this position is to create and oversee an effective content strategy for web properties at HSUS that maximizes donations, advocacy, and list growth, as well as cultivates and retains web visitors.
This position will be responsible for:
- Working directly with the Senior Manager, Web Strategy to develop and implement a content strategy and strategic plan for HSUS web properties that supports the organization's goals and brings a clear, powerful voice to The HSUS brand;
- Managing a team of web marketers who write and produce web content that meets editorial standards and achieves departmental goals; including creating and maintaining an editorial calendar for the website to meet goals and deadlines, such as guiding web marketing projects from creation through implementation;
- Managing the organization’s homepage and associated content that is reflective of current organizational priorities, consistent in tone, action-driven, and frequently updated with fresh, relevant content;
- Leading "rapid response" content development to breaking news, issues, and trending topics for HSUS and in the animal protection community, as well as longer term projects to market ongoing campaigns to maintain interest and drive response;
- Working closely with program staff to effectively translate programmatic needs into user-focused web content that educates and inspires action;
- Working with internal staff to develop metrics that measure the impact of web marketing and optimize web content for search, and ensuring adherence to best practices, and furthers our audience reach.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Marketing or related field, or equivalent work experience;
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience in web content production required;
- Minimum 2 years management experience strongly desired;
- Experience in executing an online content strategy, web content, and site governance;
- Experience effectively marketing on behalf of nonprofit organizations strongly desired, including experience in online advocacy and fundraising;
- Demonstrated experience content management systems (Convio CMS and Drupal experience a plus), online conversion tools, web analytics tools and project management systems;
- Solid understanding and execution of basic HTML skills required;
- Exceptional writing, presentation and interpersonal communication skills required;
- Ability to work collaboratively to effectively translate organizational goals into actionable content;
- Familiarity with and interest in animal protection issues strongly desired.
Please submit a cover letter and resumé using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is located in Gaithersburg, MD.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability, marital or parental status, or protected veteran status.
Back to Employment Opportunities»