April 14, 2017
Marketing Manager - Mobile Applications
The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation's largest animal advocacy organization, is seeking a Marketing Manager - Mobile Applications for the Digital department. The primary purpose of this position will be to manage and expand integrated mobile messaging, fundraising and web channels to reach existing and attract new supporters, both domestically and internationally.
This position will be responsible for:
- Providing strategic direction to maximize the mobile viability of our digital communications;
- Serving as primary strategist for mobile optimization for HSUS and its affiliates to include emails, web pages, and online forms for both advocacy and fundraising;
- Growing text (SMS) subscriber file through sign ups, social networks, and SMS-only promotions;
- Developing and executing text-to-donate campaign for timely issues;
- Maintaining and cultivating vendor relationships as well as outreach to greater mobile user community;
- Keeping abreast of trends in mobile communications for both short and long term goals to assist in furthering awareness of our mission.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience;
- Minimum 3 years of experience with mobile applications, websites, and text messaging campaigns/outreach required;
- Prior supervisory experience desired;
- Proven project management skills, understanding of online advocacy and fundraising strategy, and strong writing and editing skills required;
- Excellent grasp of current mobile technology, market trends, market data, and strong interest in future of communications;
- Basic knowledge of HTML required;
- Ability to work both independently and as an effective team member;
- Demonstrated propensity to be creative, proactive, and self-motivated in the execution and completion of assigned accountabilities;
- Interest in animal protection issues and passion for writing about animal issues preferred.
Please submit a cover letter and resumé using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is located in Gaithersburg, MD.
Back to Employment Opportunities»