December 20, 2016
Political Action Committee (PAC) and Compliance Manager
The Humane Society Legislative Fund, (HSLF) formed in 2004 as a separate lobbying affiliate of The Humane Society of the United States of seeking a Political Action Committee (PAC) and Compliance Manager. The main responsibility of this position is to provide program and compliance management, and some administrative support for all aspects of the HSLF.
This position will be responsible for:
- Managing the development and production of the annual Humane Scorecard;
- Drafting materials to include factsheets, FAQs, and articles for publication;
- Assisting staff on planning high priority events;
- Researching and compiling data for PAC and endorsement requests for approval;
- Updating and maintaining databases for donations, Federal Election Committee (FEC) reporting and PAC disbursements;
- Managing FEC compliance reporting to include tracking of staff time and maintaining detailed internal records;
- Drafting and reviewing press releases, mailers, emails supporting or opposing candidates;
- Researching and tracking political questionnaires for candidates and assess viability;
- Maintaining archives of direct mail content; tracking and providing early analysis of Election Night results as well as assisting with other campaign-related duties;
- Conducting outreach and building relationships for strategic action on pending legislation, attending briefings, hearings, and press conferences;
- Recruiting, interviewing, hiring, managing, providing guidance, reviewing progress, and assuring college credit requirements are met and managing internal database of interns;
- Supervising daily activities of volunteers;
- Providing program support that includes drafting, editing, processing and distributing correspondence, responding to internal and external inquiries, and assisting in the planning and execution of HSLF-sponsored events;
- Providing administrative support to include completing check requests, expense reports, and processing credit cards;
- Maintaining major donor mailing list and income data;
- Assisting with meetings, tracking donations and timely payment of campaign expenses.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience preferred;
- Minimum of three to five years’ experience in campaign finance and PAC administration, finance management or fundraising;
- Proven knowledge of election laws, political and legislative process and lobbying issues;
- Knowledge of animal protection desired;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong computer skills. Knowledge of PAC software programs desired;
- Attention to detail and demonstrated commitment to excellence by the delivery of quality and timely outcomes;
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects on tight deadlines;
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of staff management practices and processes and the ability to establish accountabilities and expectations as well as manage performance to achieve results.
Please submit a cover letter and resumé using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is located in Washington, DC.
The Humane Society of the United States is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital or parental status, or protected veteran status.
Back to Employment Opportunities»