January 5, 2017
Program Manager, Humane Society International
The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation’s largest animal advocacy organization, is seeking a Program Manager for our international affiliate, Humane Society International (HSI), in our HSI Farm Animals Welfare department. The main responsibility of this position is to support the efforts of HSI’s teams in Asia, Africa, and Europe to implement farm animal welfare safeguards and advocate for reduced use of farm animals in food production.
This position will be responsible for:
- Meeting with campaigners to monitor progress, identifying problems and barriers, and making recommendations to ensure success;
- Developing outreach materials and communications to support campaigns;
- Working with HSI Farm Animals’ campaigners in Asia, Africa, and Europe to develop and implement farm animal campaign plans;
- Developing and fostering relationships in order to proactively and positively influence and gain needed action and support of campaigns;
- Training new campaigners as necessary;
- Completing administrative duties in support of international campaigns, including invoicing and travel arrangements for consultants;
- Gathering and maintaining updated contact information for corporate contacts;
- Implementing a rigorous fact-checking process for all materials originating from department;
- Coordinating with other HSUS and HSI departments as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience required;
- Master’s degree in related field preferred;
- Three years of relevant experience required; campaign experience preferred;
- Supervisory experience preferred;
- Highly effective communicator and collaborator both internally and externally to animal advocacy sectors;
- Willingness to travel;
- Experience in Asian languages a plus.
Please submit a cover letter and resumé using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is located in Washington, DC.
The Humane Society of the United States is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital or parental status, or protected veteran status.
Back to Employment Opportunities»