October 25, 2016
Program Manager, Student Outreach
The Humane Society of The United States (HSUS), the nation’s largest animal advocacy organization is seeking a Program Manager for the Humane Society Veterinary Medical Association (HSVMS) program. The main responsibility of the Program Manager is to effectively manage student outreach and student programs for the HSVMA. .
This position will be responsible for:
- Assisting with outreach and management of HSVMA advocacy and continuing education programs to increase veterinary participation in program and animal welfare initiatives;
- Arranging presentations about HSVMA and animal welfare issues on veterinary school campuses;
- Overseeing the HSVMA Student Chapter and Representative programs and student activities, while also developing and implementing strategies for recruiting new chapter members, and maintaining communications with existing student members;
- Assisting with coordinating veterinary professional involvement in HSVMA and HSUS programs;
- Overseeing HSVMA interns and volunteers, including maintaining job descriptions, reviewing applications, interviewing, orientations, and project management;
- Assisting the Senior Director of Veterinary Outreach with program management, research, legislative outreach, including letter-drafting, mailing, emailing, and phone-banking;
- Developing written materials for the HSVMA website and e-newsletter on student activities;
- Other administrative duties as needed including responding to inquiries from members and the general public;
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience;
- Minimum of three or more years of experience in the field of animal advocacy, volunteer coordination, developing public outreach and education programs or similar experience required;
- Knowledge of animal protection and veterinary profession preferred;
- Willingness and ability to travel;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, especially PowerPoint;
Please submit a cover letter and resumé using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is located in Davis, CA or Gaithersburg, MD.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital or protected status, or protected veteran status.
Back to Employment Opportunities»