October 10, 2016
Senior Director, Advancement Operations Systems
The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation's largest animal advocacy organization, is seeking a Senior Director, Advancement Operations Systems for the Advancement Operations department. The primary purpose of this position is to drive the vision, strategy, and operations for all advancement solutions and database applications.
This position will be responsible for:
- Overseeing operations to include executing and enhancing on the established Constituent Relationship Manager (CRM) vision and lead the Advancement Systems’ business analysis function and provide direction on the design, development, and deployment of the CRM systems; incumbent will lead the work team and establish business processes and provide technical solutions;
- Accountability for the implementation and ongoing operations of all CRM systems to include project management, team formation, resource management, deliverable execution and implementation and developing escalation and resolution planning; will also be responsible for documenting requirements and objectives for the overall business strategy; will be responsible for preparing the budget and monitoring progress against plans;
- Leading the data governance committee to define priorities, manage the data assets and update procedures as needed;
- Providing progress and status updates against annual business plans to stakeholders and/or leadership team; will be responsible for monitoring performance metrics and mapping out remediation plans as needed;
- Working closely with the Advancement team and the IT team to assess systems and determining additional needs for service;
- Designing, developing, and delivering training programs to the users of the systems;
- Serving as the day-to-day point of contact with the CRM vendors and coordinating service issues, escalation processes, and training;
- Managing, training, and mentoring team members and defining professional goals and objectives.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience required;
- Minimum of ten years’ experience with information systems including database management, systems development lifecycle, and business process workflow is required; along with minimum of five year’s nonprofit systems experience also required;
- Must have four to six years’ experience in operational systems management specifically to drive change and strategic value to the business;
- Demonstrated track record of implementing a CRM (specifically with Team Approach, Microsoft Dynamic CRM, Engaging Networks and/or Blackbaud Luminate Online); PMP certification preferred;
- Prior team supervisory experience required along with strong project management experience; must have ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and have solid communication skills both written and oral.
Please submit a cover letter and resumé using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is located in Gaithersburg, MD or Washington, DC.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability or protected veteran status.
Back to Employment Opportunities»