October 10, 2016
Senior Director, Analytics, Research and Data
The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation's largest animal advocacy organization, is seeking a Senior Director, Analytics, Research and Data for the Advancement Operations department. The position is responsible for leading and managing teams that are responsible for prospect research, advancement reporting, data acquisition, data management, and data integrity.
This position will be responsible for:
- Managing and maintaining an information resource, ensuring consistency and integrity of data; oversees collection and reporting of complex, related information;
- Developing and interpreting a comprehensive data interpretation and analysis ecosystem;
- Leading the design phase of all new data and reporting initiatives;
- Building and maintaining awareness and understanding of team functions to ensure that the team is the primary resource and partner for information;
- Supervising and evaluating team members on an ongoing basis; identify and create areas of expertise and growth opportunities for departmental staff;
- Leading teams to develop specifications for data capture and input; monitoring input to ensure consistency, quality, and integrity of data;
- Creating and maintaining metrics and measure of data integrity in the databases and data warehouse to ensure quality customer service;
- Developing, proposing and implementing specifications for data capture to ensure consistency, quality, and integrity of records. Address inquiries, problems, or complaints regarding the availability or quality of data;
- Aligning business intelligence technologies with strategic initiatives, ensuring best practices, tools, frameworks and mechanisms for data collection and analytic;
- Evaluating customer data needs and abilities to develop solutions;
- Developing and implementing predictive models for enhancing the efficiency of fundraising and engagement efforts;
- Developing and validating statistical models for forecasting the budget year and campaign progress;
- Managing the input of data gleaned from research and its availability to ensure consistent data entry;
- Promoting and ensuring a research model that anticipates and meets the needs of the organization, implements best practices and supports the fundraising and other priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience required;
- Minimum ten years of progressive experience in collecting, analyzing, interpreting, and synthesizing complex data sets and producing highly readable, informative reports tailored to the needs of diverse audiences, including non-technical users;
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of staff management practices and processes and the ability to establish accountabilities and expectations and manage performance to achieve results;
- Ability to speak and present analyses, information, and recommendations to groups to ensure that decision-makers are aware of the risks and limitations;
- Comprehensive knowledge of current trends, benchmarking, and metrics used in fundraising, marketing, and economics;
- Ability to work well within a highly motivated team, across departments, and to make thoughtful contributions to its success, appropriately weighing investments relative to outcomes/impacts; identify priorities in a fast-paced, high visibility environment; diagnose complex problems and identify creative solutions;
- Excellent leadership skills, along with the ability to manage diverse constituencies. Outstanding interpersonal skills characterized by the ability to listen, to speak, and to write well; exceptional work ethic and track record of personal initiative;
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills, as well as the ability to handle complex situations and demonstrate sound judgment and problem-solving.
Please submit a cover letter and resumé using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is located in Gaithersburg, MD.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability or protected veteran status.
Back to Employment Opportunities»