November 7, 2016
Senior International Accountant
The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation's largest animal advocacy organization, is seeking a Senior International Accountant for the Accounting department. The primary purpose of this position is to support the department with the coordination of financial activities for international HSUS affilitate locations including Europe, Canada, Latin America, and Asia.
This position will be responsible for:
- Performing financial accounting and reporting activities for international locations including the balance sheet preparation and reconciliations and inter-company activity; will also analyze financial data and escalate critical data to the Associate Controller and/or respective business partners;
- Assisting and identifying process improvements and enhancing internal financial controls; will also document the international business processes and guidelines;
- Assisting with the annual statutory and tax compliance process for the international offices while ensuring compliance with US regulations such as GAAP, etc.;
- Assisting in obtaining resolution of accounting and internal control issues, specifically for the international accounting operations;
- Assisting in performing technical research for reporting and disclosures under various accounting standards;
- Working closely with business partners to obtain and integrate required reporting information and work with team to implement improvements to the reporting process of the international locations;
- Preparing analytical reviews and reports for senior leadership and for international location meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent work experience;
- Minimum of six years’ accounting experience in a global environment;
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills to include financial reporting for multiple country offices;
- Must have experience and understanding of complex accounting areas related to international operations such as understanding of foreign currency transactions, revenue recognition, and accounting principles for inter-country transactions;
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, specifically Excel and other financial software;
- Strong communication skills required both oral and written plus strong cross-cultural skills required;
- Must be detail-oriented and have strong organizational skills to manage multiple and often changing priorities, while still meeting deadlines and deliverables.
Please submit a cover letter and resumé using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is located in Gaithersburg, MD.
The Humane Society of the United States is an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital or parental status, or protected veteran status.
Back to Employment Opportunities»