September 30, 2016
Senior Director, Donor Relations and Stewardship
The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation&rsquos largest animal advocacy organization, is seeking Senior Director of Donor Relations and Stewardship, to establish, implement, and manage a comprehensive integrated stewardship and donor recognition program. With a strong focus on our mid-level and major donors, this position will thank and recognize our donors for their contributions in distinctive, visible, and meaningful ways.
This position will be responsible for:
- Leading, implementing, and directing a comprehensive program of donor relations and stewardship plans designed to acknowledge and recognize all donors;
- Creating new and innovative programs that promote the stewardship and donor recognition and speak to the HSUS mission;
- Coordinating with major gift officers to develop, implement, and monitor appropriate stewardship plans for each major gift ($50,000 plus);
- Managing all acknowledgment programs to include receipting, condolence, and congratulatory communications (this may include: creating, managing, and producing welcome kits, presentation portfolios, fact sheets, birthday, wedding, condolence cards, and customized gifts that are personalized and speak to the HSUS mission);
- Developing policy, quality control guidelines, and standards for all donor recognition programs;
- Establishing and managing information tracking processes regarding acknowledgments, recognitions, ongoing communications, and continued cultivation of past and current mid-level major donors to enhance their relationship with the HSUS and increase the likelihood of continued contributions;
- Working closely with other senior leaders to ensure effective and streamlined processes across functions, linking database analytics, finance, gift processing, and donor management;
- Providing ongoing education for the development and donor care teams on "best practices" in donor relations and stewardship;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in applicable field or equivalent work experience;
- Ten years of experience with donor relations and management, including two years of supervisory experience;
- Advanced computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite, CRM, and donor databases;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and superior project management and customer service skills;
- Expertise with fundraising software, in particular Moves Management, and Major Gift programs;
- Proven ability to work with colleagues and donors in a collaborative and cooperative spirit;
- Comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously;
- Strong passion for Animal Welfare preferred.
Please send a cover letter and resume using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is located in Gaithersburg, MD.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Back to Employment Opportunities»