July 18, 2016
Web Designer (Front-End/No Dev)
The Humane Society of The United States (HSUS), the nation’s largest animal advocacy organization is seeking a Web Designer for the Creative department. The main responsibility of the Web Designer is to design and produce web visuals for The HSUS and affiliates.
This position will be responsible for:
Designing high-impact creative visuals to a broad variety of HSUS and affiliate online campaigns and initiatives to include:
- Designing online marketing materials including emails, donation forms, advocacy forms, advertising, social media, and other content
- Designing offline marketing materials including advertisements, event materials, flyers, signage, templates, elements for video and other content
- Collaborating with others on strategy for design and branding across all channels
- Maintaining brand consistency through regular quality checks of The HSUS and affiliate web sites, communication templates and social media strategies by updating content and graphics, monitoring performance and results, identifying and evaluating improvement options, and introducing new technology
- As part of the branding committee, guide and implement brand strategy across all channels
- Researching and purchasing stock photography and illustrations for materials as needed
- Collaborating with third party design vendors and project management teams
- Providing design support for online analytics and conversion testing initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or web development or equivalent experience required
- Minimum three to five years’ experience with design tools such as Adobe CC
- Must have demonstrated superior graphic design skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to include working with staff
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with designers, developers, and editors
Please submit a cover letter and resume using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is located in Gaithersburg, MD.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Back to Employment Opportunities»