October 12, 2016
Wildlife Education Director
The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation's largest animal advocacy organization, is seeking a Wildlife Education Director for its Animal Care Centers. The main responsibility of this position is to oversee curriculum planning, development, and evaluation of educational offerings for the Animal Care Center’s identified audiences.
This position will be responsible for:
- Conducting training programs throughout the year for animal control professionals, veterinary students, wildlife biologists, and other professional students involved in center extern programs; incumbent will be demonstrating and supervising hands-on activities during lab coursework;
- Preparing and delivering student level appropriate curricula; ensuring that all lessons are planned with clear objectives, and consistent with HSUS policies and practices;
- Collaborating with internal and external subject matter experts during curriculum design, to produce high quality assignments and labs for educational programs;
- Working with colleagues to formulate plans which have relevance to the needs of the individual students and meet objectives of the program;
- Preparing curriculum materials and other ancillary items for final distribution/production;
- Participating in scientific research and papers to help advance the practices of wildlife rehabilitation and ensuring all experiments are trialed beforehand and risk assessment is used with all experimental work;
- Providing intellectual and practical support for grant proposals.
- Advanced Degree required in Biology, Wildlife Rehabilitation, Zoology or related field;
- Minimum of seven or more year’s wildlife rehabilitation experience required;
- Experience designing and developing curriculum for adult learning, especially in distance learning formats and with LMS systems; along with facilitation of training for instructors required;
- Skills in humane wildlife capture, handling, rehabilitation, and wildlife medicine highly-preferred;
- Proficient with MS Word, PowerPoint and webinar and online learning platforms required;
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills a must;
- Willingness and ability to travel.
Please submit a cover letter and resumé using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is located in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Back to Employment Opportunities»