Friends of Finn in Action
Members of Friends of Finn raise awareness and funds to stop the puppy mill industry
Since its inception in 2010, Friends of Finn has raised more than $1.5 million for puppy mill education and awareness campaigns. The committee, which has chapters in New York City and San Francisco, has also worked with The HSUS to raise money through the annual To the Rescue! benefit and other special events.
Friends of Finn Assisting The HSUS
In 2010, Amanda Hearst visited an emergency shelter for dogs removed from a puppy mill in Mississippi. The trip marked the beginning of her involvement with the issue of puppy mills, leading to the formation of Friends of Finn. Lorenzo Borghese went undercover with an HSUS investigator in 2011 and caught sales staff at 11 New York City-area pet stores making misleading claims concerning the origin of their puppies. Hearst and Georgina Bloomberg helped care for dogs removed from a puppy mill in 2012 in Jones County, N.C. In 2013, Hearst, Breanna Schultz, Kimberly Ovitz and Lauren Grafer Schweibold accompanied The HSUS as more than 60 dogs were rescued from a breederin Sampson County, N.C. (Watch a video of that rescue below.)
Friends of Finn is also a strong supporter of our Puppy Friendly Pet Store initiative, which encourages pet stores to promote adoption instead of selling puppies.
Over the past few years, Friends of Finn has done countless projects to support the campaign to stop puppy mills, including:
Following the 2015 To the Rescue! New York Gala, come to the Friends of Finn benefit after-party!
When: Nov. 13, 2015, 9:30 p.m.
Where: City Winery, New York, N.Y.
Friends of Finn in the News
- The New York Post - A puppy play date with Instagram stars Toast and Finn
- The Wall Street Journal - Dog Day Afternoons in the Hamptons
- The Palm Beach Daily News - Campaign to eradicate puppy mills focus of dinner
- Hamptons.com - Friends of Finn By The Shore Hamptons Benefit Makes Waves At Finale East
- The Huffington Post - Famous People Reveal How Having a Dog Makes Their Life Better
- The San Francisco Chronicle/sfgate.com - Amanda Hearst’s FOF fete is all about puppy love, not puppy mills
- The New York Times - No Misbehaving for This Heiress
- Marie Claire - Feel-Good Fashion: Friends of Finn
- The Tory Blog - Day in the life: Amanda Hearst and Georgina Bloomberg