April 3, 2012
Friends of Finn in Action
The members of Friends of Finn are making a difference for animals by raising awareness and funds to stop the puppy mill industry.
Since its inception in 2010, Friends of Finn has raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for puppy mill education and awareness campaigns. The committee has also worked with The HSUS to raise money through the annual To the Rescue! benefit and other special events.
Friends of Finn Assisting The HSUS
In 2010, Amanda Hearst visited an emergency shelter for dogs removed from a puppy mill in Mississippi. The trip marked the beginning of her involvement with the issue of puppy mills, leading to the formation of Friends of Finn. Lorenzo Borghese went undercover with an HSUS investigator in 2011 and caught sales staff at 11 New York City-area pet stores making misleading claims concerning the origin of their puppies. Hearst and Georgina Bloomberg helped care for dogs removed from a puppy mill in 2012 in Jones County, N.C. In 2013, Hearst, Breanna Schultz, Kimberly Ovitz, and Lauren Grafer accompanied The HSUS as more than 60 dogs were rescued from a breeder in Sampson County, N.C. (Watch a video of that rescue below.)
Friends of Finn in the Press
- The New York Times - No Misbehaving for This Heiress
- The Huffington Post - Georgina Bloomberg And Amanda Hearst Save 88 Puppies In North Carolina
- Marie Claire - Feel-Good Fashion: Friends of Finn
- AVENUE Magazine - Amanda Hearst Reveals: Why I Started 'Friends of Finn'
- Daily Front Row - Vaunte Partners To Benefit Friends of Finn
- Haute Living - Amanda Hearst and Georgina Bloomberg Fight Animal Cruelty Through HSUS Benefit
- The Tory Blog - Day in the life: Amanda Hearst and Georgina Bloomberg
- Glamour Magazine [Spanish] - El verdadero amor de Amanda