December 12, 2012
Resources for Arizonans
Contact information at your fingertips
Report stray or injured animals/animal cruelty
- Contact your local law enforcement agency or dial 911 to report a case of animal cruelty.
- Silent Witness: 480-948-6377
- The Arizona Humane Society: 602-997-7585 ext. 2073 (for the cities of Phoenix and Scottsdale only)
- Arizona Dept. of Agricultural Animal Crimes Hotline (livestock and horse abuse*): 602-542-0799
- The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office, Animal Crimes Unit: 602-876-1681
- Yavapai County Animal Cruelty Hotline: 928-771-3595
- Lost & Found: 888-PETS-911
Veterinary resources for Arizonans
- List of emergency animal hospitals throughout Arizona
- Emergency financial assistance with veterinary bills
- Animal poison helpline: 800-213-6680 (available 24/7)
- Find an emergency vet near you.
- Look up an affordable spay/neuter clinic in your zip code.
- Spay/Neuter Hotline: 866-952-SPAY (provides a listing of low-cost or free spay/neuter services for dogs and cats—including feral cats—throughout Arizona)
- Love That Cat’s listing of low-cost spay/neuter clinics in Arizona
- Buy an animal-friendly license plate to help fund spay/neuter programs in Arizona.
List of animal shelters and rescues
- Call your your local animal care and control agency if you are interested in adopting an animal.
- Phoenix Animal Care Coalition (PACC911)
- Arizona rescue/adoption groups listed by Petfinder.com**
- Arizona shelters and rescues listed by city
- Maricopa County Animal Care and Control: 602-506-7387
- Arizona Humane Society EAMT™ Animal Rescue: 602-997-7585, ext. 2073 (or dial "0" after hours). Free response to all emergencies involving sick and injured strays, daily from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
**Petfinder is an online, searchable database of animals who need homes. It is also a directory of more than 13,000 animal shelters, rescue groups, and adoption organizations across the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
Wildlife and poaching
- Find a wildlife rehabber in Arizona.
- Liberty Wildlife Rehabilitation Foundation: 480-998-5550 (wildlife emergencies)
- Southwest Wildlife Conservation Center: 480-471-9109
- Arizona Game and Fish Dept., Operation Game Thief hotline: 800-352-0700
- Report a wild-animal attack to the Arizona Game and Fish Department.
- Report direct contact with rabid animal to the ADHS Vector-Borne & Zoonotic Disease section