November 14, 2012
Resources for Californians
Animal-related information at your fingertips
Report stray or injured animals/animal cruelty
- Call your your local animal care and control agency if you have found a stray or injured animal.
- Contact your local law enforcement agency to report a case of animal cruelty.
- Join The HSUS's California Facebook group.
- The HSUS's California Senior State Director Twitter
- Have a question about The HSUS?
- Lost or found an animal? Interested in adopting an animal?
Contact your local animal shelter or search your local humane society/spca.
- Emergency financial assistance with veterinary bills
- File a complaint about a veterinary practice or find answers to other frequently asked questions relating to veterinarian-client issues.
- California Animal Control Directors Association
- California State Humane Association
- California animal welfare groups listed by Petfinder
- Spay/neuter resources in California
- Look up an affordable spay/neuter clinic in your zip code.
- Buy the California Pet Lover's license plate to help fund low-cost spay/neuter programs in California.
- Remember to contribute to California's Municipal Spay/Neuter Fund when you pay your income taxes.
Wildlife and poaching
- Find a wildlife rehabilitator in California.
- The Department of Fish and Game's CalTip hotline: 888-DFG-CALTIP (888-334-2258) takes information about poaching or polluting incidents or any fish and wildlife violation.
- California Department of Fish and Game hunting regulations
- California Council for Wildlife Rehabilitation
Laws and legislators
- Look up your senator or assemblymember
- Bills pending in California
- California animal laws
- California's official state animals