December 6, 2012
Resources for Delawareans
Contact information at your fingertips
Report stray or injured animals/animal cruelty
- Contact your local law enforcement agency or dial 911 to report a case of animal cruelty, including livestock abuse.
- Local animal control agencies:
City of Wilmington—Delaware SPCA: 302-998-2281 (455 Stanton Christiana Road, Newark)
New Castle County and Sussex County—Kent County SPCA: 302-698-3006 (32 Shelter Circle, Camden)
Kent County—Safe Haven: 302-856-6460 (19022 Shingle Point Road, Georgetown)
- Report animal cruelty:
New Castle and Sussex County—Delaware SPCA: 302-998-2281
Kent County: Kent County SPCA—302-698-3006
Contact your local law enforcement agency or dial 911 to report a case of animal cruelty, including livestock abuse.
Find or report lost animals
- Delaware SPCA lost and found page (Stanton and Georgetown shelters)
- Kent County SPCA stray and found pets page (submit a lost or found pet report; view photos of found pets)
- Safe Haven found pets photo page
- Delaware animal welfare / pet adoption groups listed by Petfinder
- Contact your local animal shelter if you have lost or found an animal, or are interested in adopting a pet.
- Purchase dog licenses:
New Castle County
City of Wilmington
- Animal poison hotline: 800-213-6680 (available 24/7)
- Find a veterinarian near you.
- Delaware Veterinary Medical Association
Spay/neuter or vaccinations
- Delaware SPCA low-cost spay/neuter clinic for pets, feral cats and rescue groups
- Delaware Humane Association Low-Cost Spay/Neuter Program: 888-DHA-SPAY
- Faithful Friends Animal Society low-cost/free spay/neuter clinic
- Delaware SPCA low-cost vaccination clinic for New Castle County and Sussex County
- Delaware Humane Assocation Vaccination Clinics: low-cost vaccinations and microchipping
- Faithful Friends Animal Society healthy pet clinics: low-cost vaccinations and microchipping in Wilmington
- Kent County SPCA wellness and rabies clinics: walk-in vaccination, microchipping, and licensing clinics
- Delaware Dept. of Agriculture Spay/Neuter Program [PDF]: A $20 copay (per pet) covers spay/neuter and rabies vaccination for pets of Delaware residents receiving financial assistance (Medicaid, Food Stamps, WIC, Social Security Disability and other programs). Special rates are also available to rescue groups.
- Forgotten Cats: Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) services for feral cats state-wide.
- Feral cat community services in Delaware
- Purchase an Animal Welfare license plate to help fund low-cost spay/neuter programs in Delaware.
- Find a wildlife rehabilitator (all animals) in Delaware.
- Tri-State Bird Rescue and Research: for injured or orphaned birds
- Marine Education, Research, and Rehabilitation (MERR): for stranded/injured marine mammals
- Operation Game Theft: 800-292-3030 (24/7 hotline; report poaching and hunting violations and receive up to a $1,000 reward)
- Report a fishing violation: 800-523-3336