November 19, 2012
Resources for Illinois
Contact information at your fingertips
Report stray or injured animals/animal cruelty
- Call your your local animal care and control agency if you have found a stray or injured animal.
- Contact your local law enforcement agency or call 911 to report a case of animal cruelty.
- Contact your local animal shelter if you've lost or found an animal, or are interested in adopting an animal.
- Illinois animal welfare/pet adoption groups listed by Petfinder
- Animal poison helpline: 800-213-6680 (available 24/7)
- Find an emergency vet near you.
- Look up an affordable spay/neuter clinic in your zip code.
- Love That Cat’s listing of low-cost spay/neuter clinics in Illinois
- Purchase a pet-friendly license plate to help fund low-cost spay/neuter programs in Illinois.
Wildlife rehabilitation and wildlife agencies
- Find a wildlife rehabilitator [PDF] in Illinois.
- Illinois Endangered Species Protection Board
- Report an endangered or threatened species occurence
- Report poaching or wildlife violations: 877-2DNR-LAW