November 5, 2012
Resources - Kentucky
Contact information at your fingertips
Report stray or injured animals/animal cruelty
- Call your your local animal care and control agency if you have found a stray or injured animal.
- Contact your local law enforcement agency or call 911 to report a case of animal cruelty.
- Contact your local animal shelter if you've lost or found an animal, or are interested in adopting an animal.
- Kentucky animal welfare / pet adoption groups listed by Petfinder
- Animal poison helpline: 800-213-6680 (available 24/7)
- Find an emergency vet near you.
- Look up an affordable spay/neuter clinic in your zip code.
- Buy a pet-friendly license plate to help fund low-cost spay/neuter programs in Kentucky.
For horse abuse and livestock abuse cases
Kentucky animal laws and legislature contacts
- Look up your state legislators
- Kentucky Animal Welfare Alliance listserv—provides instant updates and information on Kentucky bills and legislation, as well as educational information related to animal welfare
- Kentucky Legislature
- Legislative message line: 800-372-7181
- Bill status line: 866-840-2835
- Meeting information line: 866-633-9650