November 7, 2012
Resources for Texans
Report Stray or Injured Animals / Animal Cruelty
- Call your your local animal care and control agency if you have found a stray or injured animal.
- Contact your local law enforcement agency or dial 911 to report a case of animal cruelty, including livestock abuse.
- Animal cruelty complaint form (SPCA of Texas) for the counties of Dallas, Ellis, Fannin, Grayson, Hunt, Kaufman, Rains, and Van Zandt.
- Contact your local animal shelter if you have lost or found an animal, or are interested in adopting a pet.
- Texas animal welfare / pet adoption groups listed by Petfinder
- Animal poison helpline: 800-213-6680 (available 24/7)
- Find an emergency vet near you.
Spay / Neuter
- Look up an affordable spay/neuter clinic in your zip code.
- Love That Cat’s listing of low-cost spay/neuter clinics in Texas
- Purchase an "Animal Friendly" license plate to support low-cost spay/neuter grant programs in Texas.
- Find a wildlife rehabilitator in Texas.
- List of protected wildlife species in Texas
- Report poaching (Operation Game Thief): 800-792-4263 – recieve up to $1,000 for information leading to a conviction of a wildlife crime