November 28, 2012
Resources for Wisconsinites
Contact info at your fingertips
Report stray or injured animals/animal cruelty
- Call your your local animal care and control agency if you have found a stray or injured animal.
- Contact your local law enforcement agency to report a case of animal cruelty.
- Join The HSUS's Wisconsin Facebook group.
- Have a question about The HSUS?
- Explore The HSUS's issues.
- Contact your local animal shelter if you've lost or found an animal, or are interested in adopting an animal.
- List of adoptable animals in Wisconsin compiled by Petfinder
- Find a Wisconsin humane officer
- Dog breeders and sellers law, Wisc. Dept. of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection
- Dog seller and dog facility operator complaint search, Wisc. Dept. of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection
- Emergency financial assistance with veterinary bills
- Animal poison helpline: 800-213-6680 (available 24/7)
- Find an emergency vet near you.
- Love That Cat’s listing of low-cost spay/neuter clinics in Wisconsin
Wildlife and poaching
- Find a wildlife rehabilitator in Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin's Department of Natural Resources' violation hotline: 800-TIP-WDNR or 800-847-9367
- Wisconsin Interstate Wildlife Violator Compact
Laws and legislation
- State legislator look-up
- Wisconsin's animal cruelty statutes [PDF]
- Wisconsin state legislature
- Wisconsin bill tracking
If you have other questions, you may contact the Wisconsin state director.