If you live in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area and have a problem with wildlife, we can solve it—humanely and effectively. Contact us at 866-9HUMANE (866-948-6263) or request an appointment online.
Why Hire Us?
You may want the animals out, but that doesn't mean you want them hurt or killed. Because we're run by The Humane Society of the United States, you know we employ only the highest humane standards.
Our work is competitively-priced and guaranteed to not only keep animals safe from harm, but also provide complete customer satisfaction with long-lasting quality and effectiveness.
Endorsed, Permitted, Licensed, and Certified
- HWS’s methods are endorsed by humane societies, animal control agencies, and wildlife rehabilitators
- We are staffed with wildlife biologists trained and experienced in humane urban wildlife control including animal identification and handling, structure use, and damage control.
- Permits held: Maryland DNR Wildlife Damage Control Commercial Operator Permit/License, Virginia DGIF Commercial Nuisance Animal Permit, Washington D.C. Reciprocal License/Permit
- Certified in Humane Wildlife Control
- Qualified Bat Conservation International Professional Bat Excluder (batcon.org)
- Certified in Technical Animal Rescue
- Bird Barrier-trained installers
Comprehensive Services and Convenience
- A full range of residential and commercial services
- Proven techniques maintain existing population dynamics and reduce disease transmission
- Fully insured, with certificates of insurance available upon request
- Service can be scheduled at the customers' convenience
- Emergency service as available
- All major credit cards accepted
What Our Customers Are Saying
“Ultimately, I chose your service because I had a hard time seeing anybody beating your prices and doing as much removal and exclusion work.” - Sean Lyons
“Thank you for a job well done.” - Valerie Norton-Kaufman
“Many thanks for your help with ridding our attic of squirrels. They have not been back. [I] have to say you all answered all of my questions and were very professional.” - Annette Hunn
“Thank you very much for your help. I appreciate your responsiveness and thoughtful advice. You made me feel much better about our situation.” - Bonnie LePard
Areas ServedWe serve residential and commercial customers in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. If you live outside our service area, please check out our guide to choosing a humane wildlife control company.
Our competitively-priced services vary from job to job, depending on the scope, complexity and materials required. All major credit cards accepted. Please contact us for an estimate.
Humane Wildlife Services In the News
- Accuweather.com: Cold Can Drive Unwelcome Wildlife Indoors
- Public News Service: Got Mice? Hold the Glue Traps
- The New York Times: How to Stop a Home Invasion When the Intruder Has Four Legs
- The Washington Post: Is a rabid fox ‘a really good sign’ for the city?
- National Geographic: Humane Wildlife Services Addresses Human-Wildlife Conflict
- ARL Now: Wildlife Experts Help Raccoon Family in Arlington
- The Humane Society of the United States: Injured Fox Kit a Lesson in Patience, Cooperation
- Real Science: Purple Squirrel Sparks Science Mystery
- ABC 7: D.C.'s wildlife protection law in danger
- Loudoun Wildlife Conservancy: Bats at Oatlands: Lessons for Human-Wildlife Interaction
- The Washington Post: Bats: Halloween’s angels
- WUSA 9: Wildlife Protection Act To Be Introduced In DC
- The Washington Post: Raccoons at Metro station about to find out kitchen is closed
- Cleveland.com: As the temperature drops outside, critters will work to get inside
- Gazette.net: Resident finds joy in rescuing wildlife
- The Washington Post: For All Your Wildlife Conflict Resolution Needs