December 6, 2011
Urban Wildlife Sanctuary Program
Turn your backyard or outdoor space into a habitat for your wild neighbors
You don't need acres of land to provide sanctuary for wildlife. The essential ingredient is an interest in welcoming your wild neighbors.
By providing food, water, and safe cover to wildlife—and committing to using humane approaches to solve any problems—your deck, yard, rooftop, or other space could become an official HSUS Urban Wildlife Sanctuary. Follow our tips to get started, then click below to apply!
- An Urban Wildlife Sanctuary sign for your yard.
- A full-color certificate identifying your property as an Urban Wildlife Sanctuary.
- An Urban Wildlife Sanctuary decal to display in your window.
- A full-color, spiral-bound Wild Neighbors Weekly Journal, packed with pictures and helpful tips.
- A mail-in coupon for $10 off the purchase of Wild Neighbors: the Humane Approach to Living with Wildlife, a 283-page book that provides effective solutions for common human/wildlife conflicts.
- Educational materials on habitat creation and restoration, as well as tips for enhancing wildlife-watching experiences.
Gift memberships are available.
Give to those who give to their wild neighbors!
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.