August 8, 2016
Volunteer with our Companion Animals Department
Help us with our Pets Are Welcome campaign
Our Companion Animals department has a variety of innovative and exciting programs that focus on keeping pets in their homes, increasing adoptions, and reaching pets and pet owners in underserved communities.
We're looking for a team of volunteers to work on a project from home. Volunteers will gather information that will be crucial in creating an important, strategic document for our Pets Are Welcome campaign: a report that rates the largest apartment community companies on their pet policies.
The volunteers (click on role title to view expanded position description) will conduct research on the Internet and by phone on the pet policies of specified apartment communities and document information on provided worksheets.
Benefits of volunteering
Volunteers can develop or strengthen communication and research skills while learning about the multifamily housing industry and what The HSUS is doing to transform the industry so that it becomes more welcoming of pets.
Becoming a volunteer
Requirements for our Volunteers:
- Strong communication skills, fluency in English and a pleasant phone manner
- Able to communicate with a variety of people effectively, without judgment or making negative remarks
- Attentive to detail with a commitment to accuracy
- Proficient in using the Internet
- Volunteers commit to at least 3 hours per week for 6-10 weeks.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have own telephone capable of making long distance calls; calls are non-reimbursable.
- Must have access to a computer with Microsoft Word and access to the Internet.
- We do NOT accept any court ordered community service.
- Please review the description and restrictions above to help determine if our volunteer opportunity is the right fit. If you would like to proceed, please fill out the volunteer application below.
- After review of your application, a staff member will contact you to discuss the opportunity.
- Before becoming an official volunteer, you must sign a volunteer agreement and waiver/release of liability.