October 5, 2016
Volunteer with the Farm Animal Protection Campaign
Make a difference for farm animals. Help us with our food policy efforts.
Our Campaigns department helps inform the public about animal protection issues, advocates for strong legislation and public policies to protect them, partners with corporations on behalf of animal-friendlier policies and investigates cases of animal cruelty.
The Farm Animal Protection Campaign works to reduce the suffering of animals raised for meat, eggs, and milk by moving animal agriculture industries away from systems and practices that cause enormous suffering. We are seeking volunteers (click to view expanded position description) with strong attention to detail to support our work by taking on projects such as research, outreach, and general administrative support. Volunteers may work remotely or at the Gaithersburg, Md. office and are assigned work based on availability, skills and interest.
Benefits of volunteering
As a volunteer in this role, you will learn more about farm animal welfare issues, acquire useful skills, and rest well knowing you’re helping us help farm animals around the country.
Becoming a volunteer
Requirements for our volunteers (see complete list of requirements by viewing the expanded position description linked above):
- Able to effectively communicate verbally and in written form
- Able to work independently with low levels of direct supervision, as well as able to work as part of a team
- Attentive to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and database skills
- Volunteers commit to a minimum of four hours per week for at least one month.
- Onsite volunteers must successfully complete a criminal background check.
- Remote volunteers need access to a computer with Microsoft Office suite, and access to the Internet.
- We do NOT accept any court ordered community service.
- Please review the description and restrictions above to help determine if our volunteer opportunities are the right fit. If you would like to proceed, please fill out the volunteer application.
- After review of your application, a representative from the program will contact you to discuss the next steps. If we mutually determine that the opportunity appears to be a good fit, you will be asked to fill out an authorization form allowing us to carry out a background check (if working onsite).
- Before becoming an official volunteer, you must pass the background check (if working onsite), sign a volunteer agreement, and sign a waiver/release of liability.