April 26, 2013
Volunteer with Our Animal Research Issues Department
Lend your sharp eye to our Be Cruelty–Free Campaign
Our Animal Research Issues department is working to decrease and eventually end the use of animals in experiments by promoting the development and implementation of innovative and effective alternative methods.
As part of our Be Cruelty-Free campaign to end animal testing of cosmetics globally, we have been asking the public to sign a pledge in support of ending cosmetics testing on animals. We have a large number of pledge signatory information on paper and we’re looking for volunteers (click to view expanded position description) to decipher handwriting and enter the data into spreadsheets.
Once in electronic form, we will be able to better utilize the pledge signatures and information for lobbying and outreach efforts. By entering this information, the volunteers will help to move forward our Be Cruelty-Free campaign and an end to cosmetic testing on animals.
Benefits of volunteering
Volunteers will learn about the Be Cruelty–Free Campaign and the organization while helping to support the mission of The HSUS.
Becoming a volunteer
Requirements for our Volunteers:
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent attention to detail
- Volunteers commit to a minimum of 10 hours per week for three months or until project completion.
- Remote volunteers must have reliable access to a computer with Microsoft Excel and access to the Internet.
- All volunteers must successfully complete a criminal background check.
- We do NOT accept any court ordered community service.
- Please review the description and restrictions above to help determine if our volunteer opportunity is the right fit. If you would like to proceed, please fill out the volunteer application.
- After review of your application, a staff member will contact you to discuss the opportunity. If we mutually determine that the opportunity appears to be a good fit, you will be asked to fill out an authorization form allowing us to carry out a background check.
- Before becoming an official volunteer, you must pass the background check, sign a volunteer agreement, and sign a waiver/release of liability.