February 19, 2013
Volunteer with the Farm Animal Protection Campaign
Make a difference for farm animals! Help us with a variety of special projects
Our Campaigns department educates the public about animal protection issues, advocates for strong legislation and public policies to protect all animals, partners with corporations on behalf of animal-friendly policies, investigates cases of animal cruelty, and provides animal rescue and emergency response.
The Farm Animal Protection Campaign works to reduce the suffering of animals raised for meat, eggs, and milk by moving animal agriculture industries away from systems and practices that cause enormous suffering. We are seeking volunteers (click to view expanded position description) with strong attention to detail to support our work by taking on projects such as research, phone banking, data entry, and general administrative support. Volunteers may work remotely or at the Gaithersburg, Md. office and are assigned work based on availability, skills and interest.
Benefits of volunteering
As a volunteer in this role, you will learn more about farm animal welfare issues, acquire useful skills, and rest well knowing you’re helping us help farm animals around the country.
Becoming a volunteer
Requirements for our volunteers (view complete list of requirements by viewing the expanded position description linked above):
- Strong communication skills and fluency in English
- Able to work well independently and use good judgment
- Excellent attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy
- Computer and online research skills with a familiarity of Microsoft Office suite ( i.e. Word and Excel) preferred
- Volunteers commit to a minimum of four hours per week for at least one month.
- All volunteers must successfully complete a criminal background check.
- Virtual volunteers need access to a computer with Microsoft Word and internet access.
- We do NOT accept any court ordered community service.
- Please review the description and restrictions above to help determine if our volunteer opportunities are the right fit. If you would like to proceed, please fill out the volunteer application. Note: the application requests your resumé and a cover letter outlining your interest in our department’s work.
- After review of your application, a representative from the program will contact you to discuss the next steps. If we mutually determine that the opportunity appears to be a good fit, you will be asked to fill out an authorization form allowing us to carry out a background check.
- Before becoming an official volunteer, you must pass the background check, sign a volunteer agreement, and sign a waiver/release of liability.