June 10, 2014
Volunteer with Humane Society Veterinary Medical Association
Assist staff with web and database work
The Humane Society Veterinary Medical Association (HSVMA) was formed as a home for veterinary professionals who want to engage in direct care programs for animals in need and educate the public and others in the profession about animal welfare issues. HSVMA is looking for volunteers (click to view expanded position description) to assist with web site projects/updates and data entry. Volunteer work is performed in our Gaithersburg, Md., office during the workweek (Monday-Friday, 10 am-5 pm).
Benefits of volunteering
Volunteers will gain an awareness of animal welfare issues from the veterinary perspective, learn about web content management for a non-profit membership organization, and learn data entry and database management skills while helping to support the missions of The HSUS and HSVMA.
Becoming a volunteer
Requirements for our Volunteers:
- Prior office experience
- Strong interpersonal skill
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Experience working with web content management systems and data entry experience preferred
- Web design and photo editing skills a plus
- Volunteers commit to a minimum of five hours per week for three months.
- All volunteers must successfully complete a criminal background check.
- We do NOT accept any court ordered community service.
- Please review the description and restrictions above to help determine if our volunteer opportunity is the right fit. If you would like to proceed, please fill out the volunteer application.
- After review of your application, a staff member will contact you to discuss the opportunity. If we mutually determine that the opportunity appears to be a good fit, you will be asked to fill out an authorization form allowing us to carry out a background check.
- Before becoming an official volunteer, you must pass the background check, sign a volunteer agreement, and sign a waiver/release of liability.