August 11, 2015
Volunteer On-Site at The HSUS
Help us with a variety of special projects at one of our offices
Some of our departments could use on-site help with various tasks including administrative support work, online research and phone banking. Volunteers are assigned work based on our needs and volunteers' skills and interests. Current availability is for our Gaithersburg, Md. office during standard business hours.
Join us as a special projects volunteer (click on role title to view expanded position description) and increase our capacity to meet our mission by providing support to our departments!
Benefits of volunteering
Volunteers can strengthen their office and communication skills while helping to support the mission of The HSUS.
Becoming a volunteer
Requirements for our volunteers
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English
- Strong interpersonal skills
- General working knowledge of office functions and computer skills preferred
- Although a weekly commitment is appreciated, we're flexible and will work with your schedule.
- All volunteers must successfully complete a criminal background check.
- We do NOT accept any court-ordered community service.
- Please review the description and restrictions above to help determine if our volunteer opportunity is the right fit. If you would like to proceed, please fill out the applicable volunteer application below.
- After review of your application, a staff member will contact you to discuss the opportunity. If we mutually determine that the opportunity appears to be a good fit, you will be asked to fill out an authorization form allowing us to carry out a background check.
- Before becoming an official volunteer, you must pass the background check, sign a volunteer agreement, and sign a waiver/release of liability.