January 22, 2014
Volunteer with our Texas State Affairs Department
Help animals in Texas!
About our volunteers
The State Affairs department’s volunteers support our state directors in their work to celebrate animals and confront cruelty in their states. Greater volunteer involvement can expand each state director’s reach into local communities and in the legislature.
Volunteer opportunities in Texas
Click on role title to view an expanded position description.
Events Volunteer: Provide assistance to the state director by helping to prepare, promote, and carry out events related to animal protection in each state
Research Assistant: Assist the state director by researching a variety of issues related to animal protection in the state
Volunteer Leader: Help develop and lead the State Affairs volunteer program in a particular state by delivering orientations and training, recruiting volunteers, promoting volunteer opportunities and helping to engage volunteers more fully in the work we do
Benefits of volunteering
Volunteers foster a deeper understanding of the animal protection issues in their state and are able to make a real difference for animals by helping to support the mission of The HSUS. Volunteers have the opportunity to strengthen various skills, gain knowledge of The HSUS and learn how the work of the State Affairs department fits into the larger picture of animal protection.
Becoming a volunteer
- Dependent upon the role, a weekly commitment of three-four hours per week for three-six months is required.
- Volunteers must be a minimum of 18 years of age; exceptions will be made at the discretion of the state director.
- We do NOT accept any court ordered community service.
- Please review the descriptions and restrictions above to help determine if our volunteer opportunity is the right fit. If you would like to proceed, please fill out the volunteer application below.
- After review of your application, a representative from the program will contact you to discuss the next steps. If we mutually determine that the opportunity appears to be a good fit, you will be asked to sign a volunteer agreement and a waiver and release of liability.