Animal Fighting Rescue Fund
Often law enforcement and animal control agencies are unable to pursue animal fighting cases because of the daunting cost of housing and caring for the seized animals.
To assist with the cost of seizing animals from animal fighting operations, The Humane Society of the United States has created the Animal Fighting Rescue Fund to provide money exclusively for law enforcement and animal control agencies nationwide.
The fund will provide financial assistance for the seizure and care of animals as necessary for the arrest and prosecution of dogfighters and cockfighters in all 50 states:
- Grants given to assist in cases of illegal dogfighting and cockfighting
- Up to $10,000 available for law enforcement and animal control
- Funds provided for the seizure and care of animals
Law enforcement and animal control agencies can apply for a grant of up to $10,000. Priority is given to agencies with little or no available resources. To apply:
- Fill out an IRS form W-9 and fax it to 301-721-6414, attention Ann Chynoweth.
- Fill out and submit the form below.
We will contact you after receiving both forms. For more information, call The Humane Society of the United States at 202-452-1100.