Submit Your Entry for The Genesis Awards
Genesis Awards entries are submitted by the public as well as by media professionals. Categories span television, film, print, music, and special works, and are judged by a Committee of individuals who share a demonstrated commitment to animals and their protection.
Criteria for Qualification
- Works must contain an animal welfare or animal protection issue.
- Recipients must be members of the major media or arts community producing works of general interest for the public.
- Works produced by animal-protection groups whose primary focus is animal advocacy are not eligible.
- Works must reach the widest possible audience. Films must have theatrical or television distribution (not just festival entries). Decisions of the Genesis Awards Committee may be influenced by such factors as viewership, listenership, circulation, market share and ratings.
- Works must be printed, broadcast or released during the nominating period for qualification; i.e., works to be honored at the Genesis Awards Benefit Gala in March of 2013 must have been first made public during the 2012 calendar year. This criterion does not apply to special or classic categories.
- Owing to the time required for proper evaluation, books are not eligible for Genesis Award consideration.
- The specific works are judged solely on their own merits. A nominee's previous works or personal lifestyle are not taken into account for purposes of voting.
- Submissions may be received throughout the year, but no later than Friday, November 30, 2012, unless by special request. Please call (310) 440-0600 for more details.
You may also print and mail this form along with your submitted work (DVD/article/other) to the address below. Submitted work will not be returned.
The Humane Society of the United States
Genesis Awards Submission
820 Moraga Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90049
Fax: (310) 440-9106
Thank you for your interest in the Genesis Awards!