Submit Your Entry for the 2017 Genesis Awards
For works aired or released in 2016
The Genesis Awards recognize outstanding individuals in the major news and entertainment media whose creativity and/or journalistic integrity have increased the public's understanding of animal protection issues. Awards are given to individuals from the television, film, print, online and music industries, as well to those producing more specialized works.
Deadline for Submission
Works are considered on a calendar year basis. Submissions are made by our members, the public, and the media industry itself. Submissions may be received throughout the year, but they must arrive no later than December 30, 2016, unless special permission has been given.
Criteria for Qualification
- Works must contain an animal-welfare or animal-protection issue.
- Recipients must be members of the major media or arts community, producing works of general interest for the public.
- Works produced by animal-protection groups whose primary focus is animal advocacy are not eligible.
- Works must reach the widest possible audience. Films must have theatrical or television distribution (rather than just festival entries). Selections may be influenced by such factors as viewership, listenership, circulation, market share, and ratings.
- Works must be printed, broadcast, or released during the nominating period to qualify; works must have been first made public during the 2015 calendar year. This criterion does not apply to special or classic categories.
- Owing to the time required for proper evaluation, books are not eligible for Genesis Award consideration.
- The specific works are judged solely on their own merits. A nominee's previous works or personal lifestyle are not taken into account for purposes of voting.
- Submissions may be received throughout the year, but they must arrive no later than December 30, 2016, unless by special request. Please call 323-937-0600 for more details.
For television and film entries, please send an active link to the work being submitted with a viewing expiration date no earlier than March 2017, a link to work that can be downloaded, or send a DVD along with a copy of your entry form to the address below. For print entries, please send a link or PDF.
You may also print and mail this form along with your submitted work (DVD/article/other) to the address below. Submitted work will not be returned.
The Humane Society of the United States
Genesis Awards Submission
8075 West Third Street
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Thank you for your interest in the Genesis Awards!