Start the Week off Right with Meatless Monday
Eating less meat is healthy, delicious—and easy
Choosing meat-free meals on Monday is a great way to look and feel better. It can be as simple as swapping chicken nuggets with a bean and rice burrito, putting pork chops aside in favor of a spicy three-bean chili or trying a veggie burger instead of a hamburger.
The health benefits are clear: People who eat fewer animal products have lower rates of obesity, dementia, arthritis, high blood pressure and other serious medical conditions. Nutrition experts worldwide are on board; the American Heart Association, Johns Hopkins School of Public Health and Kaiser Permanente are among the leading public health organizations that support reducing meat consumption to improve health and prevent disease.
And celebrities and public figures like Beyonce and Jay Z, Bill Clinton, Al Gore, Jennifer Lopez, Oprah Winfrey and Martha Stewart have all touted the benefits of eating more meatless foods.
Millions of Americans are getting the message and going meat-free on Mondays. Watch the video, then see how you can join the movement.
Make Your Monday Meatless
- Whet your appetite: Browse our recipes, from hearty veggie scrambles and chilies to savory po’ boys, buttery risotto and comforting chik’n ‘n’ dumplings.
- Get inspired: Sign up to have a recipe delivered each Friday to your inbox.
- Explore our resources: Check out the Guide to Meat-Free Meals for tips, menu suggestions, information on dining out and more.
- Meet the faces behind factory farming: Read stories of rescued farm animals—examples of the lives we spare when cutting back on animal products.
- Grow the movement: Download resources to implement Meatless Monday at your university, hospital or school. Check out free posters featuring actresses Laura Marano, Holland Roden and Daniella Monet, and share our video starring House of Cards star Kate Mara.