May 31, 2011
Wilted Spinach Salad with Smoked Apple Sage "Sausage" and Strawberries
Field Roast sausage stars in this mouth-watering salad
Serves 4 to 6
4 Field Roast smoked apple sage sausages
1 pint sliced strawberries
1 diced Granny Smith apple
1 pound fresh spinach
4 ounces shelled pistachio nuts
3 tablespoons olive oil
1. Sauté sausage with olive oil over medium heat until browned on both sides.
2. Add spinach and stir until well mixed.
3. Once spinach has begun to wilt, turn off the heat.
4. Add strawberries and apples.
5. Serve warm and garnish with pistachio nuts.