October 21, 2009
What You Can Do to Stop Greyhound Racing
Help stop a race that no one wins
Greyhound racing is an industry that exists solely for the entertainment of humans—at the cost of animal lives. Eliminating greyhound racing is possible through education, compassion, and action. Help keep the movement growing with a few simple actions of your own:
1. Don't patronize greyhound tracks or bet on dog racing.
2. Educate your friends, family and co-workers about the realities of greyhound racing, and encourage them to boycott greyhound racing and betting.
3. Consider volunteering your time or expertise to a local greyhound protection organization.
4. Write to your state officials to express your opposition if you live in a state that operates greyhound racing tracks or one of the states that has not yet banned greyhound racing. Tell them that greyhounds belong in loving homes, not on race tracks.
5. Consider contacting a greyhound rescue group if you are interested in adopting a companion animal.
6. Distribute copies of this web page.
7. Contact The HSUS for model legislation to ban greyhound racing.
Historically speaking, greyhounds are the most revered species of dog. Eliminating greyhound racing and the cruel practices that surround the sport will ensure that these beautiful dogs live out their lives in dignity.