February 17, 2015
Sweet Dreams for Kitty
Step-by-step instructions for making a homemade cat bed
Adapted from "5 DIY Projects You and Your Kids Can Make for Your Cats" by Angie Bailey on catster.com.
- Two colorful pieces of fleece, each 18 inches square
- one bag of pillow stuffing
- scissors, ruler, masking tape, safety pins
1. Put the two pieces of fleece together, with the fuzzy (right) sides facing out.
2. Place a line of tape 4 inches from the edge of each side. This will make a square in each corner. Cut out the squares.
3. Cut 1-inch-wide strips from the edges to the line of tape, creating a fringe around the bed.
4. Tie the fringed pieces of the top piece to the fringed pieces of the bottom pieces.
5. When you have three sides tied, put the pillow stuffing evenly inside the bed.
6. Tie the last side of fringe together, remove the safety pins and it's ready for a catnap!