December 21, 2009
Pet of the Week: Most-Read Tips of 2009
In 2010, we'll bring you even more great pet tips, news, and many new furry faces. Here's a look back at the 10 most-read pet tips from 2009.
Not subscribed to Pet of the Week? See what you're missing and sign up here »
1. Cat aggression toward people: Originally featured on July 12.
We're guessing that quite a few of you have been swatted by your frisky feline once or twice. This was the most popular pet behavior tip of 2009. Learn the different types of cat aggression, what causes them, and how to avoid these confrontations »
2. Dog barking: May 5.
3. Can your pet get swine flu?: Nov. 22
There's no question that the 2009 H1N1 influenza (swine flu) virus got plenty of attention in 2009, for both people and pets. The HSUS' experts lay out the facts about the flu virus and how it has affected our pets »
4. Removing pet stains and odors: Sept. 27.
5. Plants potentially poisonous to pets: July 19.
7. Common household dangers for pets: Oct. 18
8. Identifying lost pets with microchips: July 26
9. What you can do to stop puppy mills: Nov. 29
10. Having trouble affording your pet?: Jan. 4
Did you know that there are resources across the country dedicated to helping pet owners who are having trouble affording the cost of their pets? If you need help, look for groups near you »