December 21, 2010
Pet of the Week: Most-Read Tips of 2010
Over the past year, Pet of the Week enewsletter readers have submitted hundreds of photos of their dogs, cats, rabbits, and even horses. We've shared tons of pet news and tips to help keep you and your furry friends happy and healthy. In 2011, we'll bring you even more great pet tips, news, and many new furry faces. Here's a look back at the 10 most-read pet tips from the past year.
Not subscribed to Pet of the Week? See what you're missing and sign up here »
1. Foods potentially poisonous to pets: Originally featured on July 10.
When it comes to giving our pets food normally meant for people, it's better to be safe than sorry. Some foods that are considered good for people can be very dangerous for pets. This list highlights some of the most common foods that can be dangerous to animals, and was the most popular pet behavior tip of 2010. The following foods may be dangerous to your pet »
2. Urine-Marking Behavior: How to Prevent It: Jan. 10.
3. Finding Calm in the Storm: May 30.
This popular article came from our All Animals May/June magazine. When summer squalls send pets into a tailspin, treatment can help them regain control »
4. Cat Chat: Understanding Feline Language: July 4.
5. Aggression Between Cats: July 19.
6. Preventing Litter Box Problems: June 13.
7. Getting a Tick Off of Your Dog: May 2.
8. Making Plans For Feral Cats: Sept. 26.
Since our article on how to build your own simple or fancy feral cat shelter was published in All Animals magazine, David Fyfe of Kingwood, Texas, wrote to us and sent us his own plans for the feral cat shelters he built at his home »